Monday 2 July 2012

Emma Stone Inspired Look.. (My first tutorial, feedback welcome and needed!!)

Okay, so Emma Stone normally goes for the understated look and is very much a fan of the nudes and pastels.. However, I absolutely loved her dramatic metallic look for the 2012 Golden Globes. So here I show you how I managed to get this look using all 'drugstore' brands so it is cheap and affordable and hopefully you guys like it! Sorry about the poor quality pictures, I am saving up monies for a new camera so for not I am using my boyfriend's beloved iPhone!!

 



First I applied a base of Bourjois's Healthy Mix foundation in shade 52 Vanilla. I also used Rimmel's Wake Me Up Concealer in shade True Ivory. I love these products as it's not easy to find pale shades that really life the skin tone and make it look vibrant without looking like Casper!! (Or am I just looking in the wrong places).





Next I used an eyeliner to emphasise the outer and inner corners of my eyelids. The liner I used was Rimmel's Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in 261 Noir. I love this eyeliner as it's more of a crayon than a pencil which makes it perfect for blending and creating a dramatic look..





Next I went over this with MUA's shadow Shade 12 which is like a shiny gunmetal black/grey. I applied it very heavily over where the eyeliner had been, then just lightly in the middle of the eyes to create the two-tone effect with just the one shadow.





I then went over the eyeliner again and curled my eyelashes. The mascara I used was Maybelline's The Falsies Volum' Express Black Drama. I don't know what it is about this mascara but I love it, and it has always been my go to mascara which I always keep as a fail safe. Again, I focussed this on the outer and inner corners of my eye.


Finally I added a peachy baked blush, Tesco's own brand Vivo in shade 1 - Peaches and cream. Only £4 and seems to last forever so definitely a bargain and can pick it up when picking my groceries up, double score!!! Finally I used Vaseline's Rosy Lips to set the look and sweeped by hair into a low side chignon, securing with some hair ties.

Hopefully you like my look and maybe soon I'll try making videos

No comments:

Post a Comment