Wednesday 19 December 2012

The Christmas Tag...






Christmas is one of my favourite times of year. I love the cold weather, and snow and Santa of course!! Therefore after seeing the Christmas tag floating around, I couldn't help but join in! 
(Questions I used were taken from Shona over at Fresh Beauty XoX )


When do you start getting excited about Christmas?

In the January sales?? haha, I'm so bad for buying stuff for the next Christmas in the sales. Especially Christmas cards and wrapping paper. Massive bargains to be had!! But properly, it's got to be about a week before Christmas when all of the last preparations are taking place. 

Do you still have advent Calenders?

Erm yeah. I got so mad at my boyfriend when he didn't buy me one til 1st December. However, he did spoil me to make up for it and I am a bit of a brat all the time sometimes.

What are your favourite Christmas films?

Oh my days, I freaking LOVE LOVE Christmas films. I absolutely love Elf, Home Alone, The Snowman and of course Jingle All The Way!!!

Do you have any funny Christmas memories?

When I was younger, I got the big Melanie's Mall shopping centre and it came with all of the figures and little clothes. However if anyone remembers these dolls, their clothes were the size of your little fingernail! So my Grandma trying to be helpful, mixed with me being messy, ended up with all the clothes going in the bin! Luckily we realised in time and managed to get them, however they were gravy stained til the end of time!

Talk us through your typical Christmas day.

I'm 23 year old and I still get up about 6.30/7am and wake my parents up. They tell me that it's too early but I'm still wide awake. So I just sit in my bed waiting for them to get up. I keep going back every 10 minutes until they get sick and wake up. My parents still set my presents all out in the sofa downstairs, and I wait for them to be ready to go down first (to make sure Santa isn't running late of course!!). Then we open all of our presents, taking turns so the attention is all on the present opener. Then my Mam makes dinner for about 2pm, we usually watch a film we've just got or standard Christmas telly. After munching on the dinner, we relent to the sofa to slob out as we've probably all ate a bit too much! Then have a snooze, then awake to a buffet type tea (I always make the chocolate cornflake cakes), then watch all the Christmas soaps and specials. Then off to bed!!
I'm especially excited for this Christmas, as I'm spending it with my boyfriend and his little boy and I'm more excited for Stephen to open his presents than my own!!


Do you have any Christmas traditions?

Not really no, my Dad has to be the first one in the living room Christmas morning and on Boxing Day it's always turkey, chips and gravy for dinner!

What are your favourite Christmas songs?

If I had to choose one, it would probably be Last Christmas by Wham. However I do love a good screech sing to Mariah's All I Want for Christmas!

What is the best Christmas present you have ever received?

Probably my Friends DVD boxset. Classics. 

Real or Fake Christmas tree?

We've always had a fake tree, and even though I'd love a real one. I don't think I'd love the cleaning up you'd have to do with one. Therefore fake is best!!



No comments:

Post a Comment